Saturday, January 26, 2019

Three Things About Me - January 2019

Number One. 

I don't do video conferences. I made it a rule when I was working for a client in the UK and I would roll out of bed for a 6 AM meeting.

However, I may change my policy now that I am working toward being a full-time author. Many of my author friends insist on video. Maybe I need classier pajamas. Hm-m. Wonder what's on sale at Stein Mart? (I drop in the store a couple times a month just to look.)

Number Two. 

I HATE Starbucks coffee. Way too strong, bitter, dark. Yes, I know that's the point.

However, I am a huge fan of Kauai Coffee from Hawaii. Rich, smooth, goes splendidly with chocolate. I signed up for the monthly, one pound delivery and it arrives at my door like clockwork.


Number Three.

I'm a product of my generation and love old TV Westerns: Sky King, Bonanza, Lancer, The Big Valley, Have Gun. Will Travel., The Lone Ranger.

However, my all-time favorite (currently evening binge-watching) is The Rifleman with Chuck Connors. A single father bringing up his son on a ranch in New Mexico Territory in the early 1880's.  In each 30 minute episode, you get good storytelling, moral lessons, solid acting. Lucas McCain does tend to shoot at least one person in every episode (he IS the Rifleman!), but I'm willing to overlook it since he always regrets it and he always has a strong reason.
Lucas McCain and his son Mark
Lucas McCain and his son Mark

2 comments:

  1. Sky King! Wow! I remember that one. (Anything about flying always appealed to me. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the Saturday morning routine at our house! I like the flying and the horses.

      Delete