Monday, January 5, 2015

Sweet Romance Review - My So-Called Love Life

My So Called Love LifeMy So Called Love Life by Allie Pleiter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I need a smile, this is one of the books I pull off my Keepers shelf. Allie Pleiter writes both contemporary and historical stories, but it is in her contemporary work that her humor shines. She is one of the few sweet romance authors who write successfully with a humorous touch. In this novel, Lindy is a voice character actor (learned so much about this profession!) on a successful animated TV series, and Leo is the studio exec that just might shut the show down. Add the show's brilliant--if troubled--writer/director, Lindy's supportive and wise friends, a bowling alley, and an iguana that needs a regular walk. Those are the ingredients for a funny, touching and romantic view of Lindy's life as she tries to hold the faltering show together while falling for Leo. The story is told completely from Lindy's viewpoint as it happens to her. No past tense here telling us about something that happened yesterday, but Lindy's 1st-person account. Every time I open the book, I hear the story as if the events are occurring right now. We see Lindy's faith through her actions and compassion. Nicely done.

A truly delightful and heartwarming book. Pick this up and get set to become an Allie Pleiter fan.

Look for this book at your public library or at my Keepers Shelf Bookstore, Inspirational Romance.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment