Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Mini-vacation: Connect the Dots Gets a Makeover

One of my favorite mini-breaks is to work a dot-to-dot puzzle. As a kid, these puzzles were known as "connect the dots." Now the dots are numbered to 1000, and the resulting pictures are works of art. These dot-to-dots are especially good for those of us who work with words all day. So much easier to switch off the brain with a bit of creative counting. Given my fascination with sea turtles, I was drawn to the book  Relaxing Dot-to-Dot: Under the Sea. Right now I'm working on a puzzle called simply "Shell."  I use a pen and a favorite author's bookmark (this time from Katherine Ashe) to connect the dots. I don't trust myself to draw lines freehand.


For other dot-to-dot books check out the selection at either 

Barnes & Noble 
Barnes&Noble
or Books-a-Million.

Books-A-Million

Simply search for "dot to dot." Both book sellers offer quite a collection. 

Draw lines, connect the dots, create a picture, color the picture! Relax!!

Do you use any puzzle books to relax? 

I'd love to hear from you.






No comments:

Post a Comment